[OpenLayers-Users] Pinch Zoom / panning without selecting selectable features

gootier scott.gauthier at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:18:19 PDT 2012

Hi, thanks for the response.

I got what you are saying about control.deactivate( ). I guess what I'm
looking for is a more intuitive way to do panning and pinch zooming in a map
on a touch device with clickable features without having some sort of icon
that allows the user to activate and deactivate the selectable map features.
It seems there should be a way to know what the user's intention is when
they are interacting with the map. For instance if the user places his/her
finger on the map and then moves it; that should be interpreted as a pan
even though his/her initial touch was on a selectable feature.  The same
would go for a pinch zoom.

I was looking for some what to implement this since I couldn't get
Openlayers to work out of the box this way.