[OpenLayers-Users] registering a click event on a map

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 12:38:01 PDT 2012

In OL 2.11 I used to do the following successfully

    map.events.register(
        "click",
        map,
        function(e) {
            fancyFunction({evt: e, other_params: "foo"});
        }
    );

The above has stopped working in Firefox (currently using FF v. 15.0.1) without any errors. It does work in Safari 6, but gives the following warning in the console.log

> event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.

Suggestions to fix both problems would be welcomed with thanks.

--
Puneet Kishor