[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with "OpenLayers not defined" and "OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP"

darethehair darethehair at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 07:21:46 PDT 2012

Sorry that I cannot help with this, but I can confirm similar problems on my
own app -- and this is puzzling the heck of of me!

Originally, my app used Google Maps, and this worked fine in FF and Chrome.
When I checked back recently, I noticed that it had stopped working on
Chrome (but continued to work fine on FF) -- despite the fact that I had
made no changes whatsoever to the app.  I got "Google is not defined".  No
searches produced any answers.

In frustration I just spent the last days converting my app to use
OpenLayers instead.  The new app works fine on my local drive, in both FF
and Chrome.  On the web, FF works fine but (again) Chrome does not -- now it
says "OpenLayers not defined"!

This is crazy!