[OpenLayers-Users] "Bad Request" messages

Martin, Will will.martin at library.und.edu
Wed Sep 12 10:29:14 PDT 2012

All,

I've had an OpenLayers application running smoothly for a couple of years now, but the maps stopped loading right.  I get pink tiles which have messages attached like:

400: Requested horizontal resolution: 0.0439453125 , best match: 0.03333333333333333 exceeds 10% threshold. Perhaps the client is configured with an incorrect set of scales (resolutions), or the DPI setting is off compared to the one in GWC ?

Or:

400: X,Y values for the tile index were calculated to be {8984.413146972656, -1441.95556640625} which had to be rounded to {8984, -1442} and exceeds the threshold of 10%. Perhaps the client is using the wrong origin ?

I don't understand either error message.  Here are live examples:

    http://bygdebok.library.und.edu/

    http://library.und.edu/special-collections/bygdebok/place/16

But sometimes it works fine, as for example in this page:

    http://library.und.edu/special-collections/bygdebok/place/221

The simplest test case I can put together is here:

    http://www.libsys.und.edu/dev/p/bygdebok/test.php

It looks like the error is coming from something on the map server, which is run by the Statens Kartverk (Norwegian Mapping Authority).  I don't have any control over that.  Is there something I can do to my JavaScript to make it work again?

Thanks.

Will Martin

Web Services Librarian
Chester Fritz Library