[OpenLayers-Users] Unable to project WFS properly

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 22:35:55 PDT 2012

I have updated the WFS Layer with .v1_1_0 but still the WFS projection is
wrong.

var pimaWFS = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Pima Pine WFS", {
 strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
 protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.v1_1_0({
 url: "http://128.196.142.12:8080/geoserver/wfs",
 featureType: "PimaPine",
 featureNS: "http://opengeo.org",
 srsName: "EPSG:4326"
 })
 });

wfsProtocol = new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.v1_1_0({
     url: "http://128.196.142.12:8080/geoserver/wfs",
 featureType: "PimaPine",
 featureNS: "http://opengeo.org",
 srsName: "EPSG:4326"
 });

Here is the application <http://128.196.142.12/geo/test/test_new.html>,
that orange dot that you see is the WFS layer which is suppose to overlap
the blue stars.

Thanks,
Smaran

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Phil Scadden <p.scadden at gns.cri.nz> wrote:

>  var pimaWFS = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Pima Pine", {
>  strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
>  protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
>  url: "http://128.196.142.12:8080/geoserver/wfs",
>  featureType: "PimaPine",
>  featureNS: "http://opengeo.org",
>  srsName: "EPSG:4326"
>  })
>  });
>
>  But still I have no luck despite specifying the srsName.
>
> Nope. You MUST tell it to use v1_1_0 or srs isnt honoured.
>  ie protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.v1_1_0({
>

>  My Geoserver is 2.1 and seems to be the latest build. How can I check if
> it supports WFS 1.1.0 or not??
>
> It supports 1.1 (you get details of what a server supports from
> WFSGetcapabilities call.
>

> Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in
> error please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the
> contents.

Thanks & Regards
Smaran Harihar