[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLS Geocoding Issue in Internet Explorer

rickm81 rickm81 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 13:08:00 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am using the OpenRouteService OpenLS Service for geocoding in my
application. This is the same code used for the OpenLS example  OpenLayers
OpenLS Example <http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/openls.html>  .

It works great in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari, but does not work at
all in any version of IE. I have tried experimenting with the meta tags and
browser settings, but I still receive "SCRIPT 5007: Javascript runtime
error: Unable to get property 'documentElement'" errors.

Does anyone know why this would work in every browser but IE? It appears the
proxy handler I have set up is working, the response is only failing in this
browser. Thanks!

-Rick