[OpenLayers-Users] Override default behavior of double clicking inside an OpenLayers Popup

maw269 maw269 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 07:33:51 PST 2013

I would like to change the position of a popup when I double click it. So if
it is in the 'tr' position it would move to the 'br' position, so on and so
forth. The current Popup.js code stops the 'double click' event propagation
as such:

ondblclick: function (evt) {
    OpenLayers.Event.stop(evt, true);
},

I would like to do something like:

ondblclick: function (evt) {
    myPopup.calculateRelativePosition = function () {return "bl";};
    map.removePopup(myPopup);
    map.addPopup(myPopup);
},

How do I go about overriding the ondblclick function inside my code?