[OpenLayers-Users] Tips on using GeoWebCache 1.5.0 gwc on Geoserver 2.4.1

GeoGEOrge awmlamp at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 3 04:50:53 PST 2013

I had trouble using GeoWebCache with my OpenLayers 2.13.1 map with a
non-stock gridset (EPSG:2249) until I set maxExtent to the BoundingBox
values in WMS 1.1.1. GetCapabilities Document found on the GeoServer >
Caching Defaults > GeoWebCache home Page.
I had tried the GeoServer gridset bounds and the projected bounds at
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/2249/ without any success.
I also found that when a GeoServer gridset is changed, the gridset needs to
be removed from layers and then added back in before the changes affect the
layer.