[OpenLayers-Users] Merge in Open layers

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 21:28:44 PST 2013

Phil, you might want to recalibrate your advice about running geometric
operations on the client using JSTS.  We're using JSTS to do all kinds of
geometric operations (intersection, union, buffer, topology validation,
etc) client-side.  It's fast and robust for geometries containing many
1000's of points.

Also, we've just finished porting the fast noding code in JTS to JSTS,
which dramatically improves performance (for example, a 1000x speedup in
for vallidating a 15K point polygon).  We'll be issuing a pull request soon
to commit this back to trunk.

Martin Davis (the developer of JTS, and now a happy & impressed JSTS user)