[OpenLayers-Users] Apply SLD to call a WMS to resolve overlay problem

pascal pascal2833 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 00:20:49 PST 2013

Hi,

I try to overlay wms layers which have continental data to wms layers which
have coastal data. The problem is that where they don't have to have data
(for example in the sea for continental wms), they are white and if the
opacity of continental and coastal wms is 1, we can't superpose them.
I passed the transparent= true to the constructor (var wms=new
OpenLayers.Layer.WMS ...) but this is not the problem because it doesn't
change anything.
What I need to do is apply a « transparent style » where there are not data.
Is it possible to do in the client part with a creation of a new SLD ?

Thanks a lot,

Pascal.