[OpenLayers-Users] Changing base layer programatically

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 01:46:59 PST 2013

Hello everyone,

I have a map with two base layers and would like to allow the user to toggle
between the two by clicking a button. I have an event handler for this
button with code like this:

    baseLayerA.setVisibility(false);
    baseLayerB.setVisibility(true);

This works to the extent that Layer A is replaced by Layer B in the map. The
problem is that after this when I zoom no further GetMap requests on the
base layer are issued, the original image lays still.

I understand I am missing something to programatically toggle the base
layer, but what exactly?

Thank you,

Luís