[OpenLayers-Users] correct geodesic measurements?

Luís de Sousa luis.a.de.sousa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 01:56:24 PST 2013

Hi Jorge,

While I never used such features, that's the way I'd expect it to work. If
you are measuring lines on the surface of the datum the projection isn't
taken into account.

Apart from that, be aware that the precision of such measurement on an
ellipsoid is quite limited, you should always work on the cartographic
plane.

Regards,

Luís

jorgelopez wrote