[OpenLayers-Users] GetFeature with WFS protocol doesn't return features

Lauri Kajan lauri.kajan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 14:31:15 PST 2013

Hello,

When I'm trying to use GetFeature control to get features from my WFS run
into problems. The "featureselected" event never gets triggered.
I debugged it little bit and found out that the wfs request itself return a
valid gml and the status code of the request is 200. But still the features
array of the result object is empty so the code never gets to the select
method of the GetFeature class.

Is this something to do with a proxy that I have set?
I have set OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=";

I have configured GetFeature control as follows:

    var select = new OpenLayers.Control.GetFeature({
        protocol: OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                    url:  "**:8080/geoserver/wfs",
                    featureType: "**",
                    featureNS: "**",
                    geometryName: "geom"
                }),
                click: true,
                clickTolerance: 1,
                single: true,
                hover: false
    });
    select.events.register("featureselected", this, function(e) {
        var feat = e.feature;
        var bbox = feat.geometry.bounds;
        var center = bbox.getCenterLonLat();
        map.panTo(center);