[OpenLayers-Users] Outside of (-180, 180) error during saving Vector feature

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Thu Feb 28 19:21:21 PST 2013

On 1/03/2013 4:08 p.m., 杨华杰 wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies, so I can solve it in Openlayer, any tips
> to change the projection?
It very much depends on your backend - the underlying spatial database
you are storing into (and will need to reproject out of). I think you
will need to just try and see what works. Sometimes we find that
projection from server to client will work for some projections but not
others (notably lat/longs stored as 0:360 on server). In utter
desparation you can break geometry on the 180 line but you lose polygon
topology that way. We have a ghastly trick that works for arcSDE in
maintaining polygon topology over the 180 (create it west of 180, lie
about the coordinates, then translate to correct position and force
projection to the correct one) and works okay with a tiled geoserver
serving it back.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.