[OpenLayers-Users] Selectfeature after DrawFeature

Marco Scheuble mail at marco-scheuble.de
Tue Jan 8 02:41:15 PST 2013

Hi Alexandre,

I tried your solution, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me ( OL 2.12 ).
Indeed, the feature will be selected, but somehow afterwards it will be
automatically unselected.
In my code-example both alerts will be run: "selected" and "unselected"

cheers, Marco
selectControl = new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature( pois, { onSelect:
onFeatureSelect, onUnselect: onFeatureUnselect } );

drawControl = new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature( pois,
OpenLayers.Handler.Point);
drawControl.events.on( {'featureadded': onFeatureAdded, scope: this });

function onFeatureAdded( addedFeature ){
  addedFeature.feature.state = OpenLayers.State.INSERT;
  selectControl.activate();
  drawControl.deactivate();
  selectControl.select( addedFeature.feature );
}

function onFeatureSelect( feature ) { alert( "selected" ); }
function onFeatureUnselect( feature ) { alert( "unselected" ); }