[OpenLayers-Users] epsg:3857 and google 900913

Casper Span info at spatially-oriented.com
Wed Jan 16 03:53:20 PST 2013

Hi,

If you look at the source of WMS (lib\OpenLayers\Layer\WMS.js), take a look
at getFullRequestString.
In it, the baselayer's projection will always override the given
projection. In fact, the layers projection itself will be ignored:
- It takes the Map Projection (=Baselayer projection)
- then, if the WMS layer projection equals the map projection, it uses the
layer projection
- otherwise, it uses the map projection

In other words, it will only use the map projection in it's WMS request
URL's

So yeah... everything MUST be the same projection for WMS layers or it
cannot be placed on top of eachother.
For me, this meant reprojecting my own data so I can serve it with WMS onto
OSM.

You can check these actual outgoing URL's with Firebug and such.

regards,
Casper Span

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Sergeant_york
<electronicpanda at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Thank you for the answer. That gave me a good idea. Unfortunately it
> doesn't
> work when initializing layer.
>
> On the other hand creating a layer (for example aLayer object) then
> changing
> projection works!
>
> Workin way is:
> layer aLayer=new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS ......
> aLayer.projection= new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:3857")

Casper Span
T: @Span_Droid <https://twitter.com/#%21/Span_Droid>
W: http://www.spatially-oriented.com
M: info at spatially-oriented.com