[OpenLayers-Users] Display Radius When Creating Circle with DrawFeature

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 18:01:54 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Donald Kerr <donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk>wrote:

> Any takers? Help greatly appreciated.****
>
> ** **

I ended up modifying the the OpenLayers RegularPolygon.js to do this,
although I imagine that a better JS programmers than myself might be able
to extend the method or do something more elegant. In the move: function
just before this.modifyGeometry() I added this:

        if (typeof(displayRadius)==='function') {
          displayRadius(new OpenLayers.Geometry.LineString([this.origin,
point]));
        }

displayRadius() is my function that formats the radius to appropriate units
and displays it in a div.

HTH,
Rich

--