[OpenLayers-Users] Multilinestring layer display like a rectangle

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Thu Jul 4 14:05:22 PDT 2013

It looks like your map is showing google imagery so the map projection
must be 900913. You want the data requested in EPSG:900913 not 4326 (let
geoserver project it on the fly from 4326 to your map projection). I
would however, suggest you think hard about whether you want it in WFS.
In general, I use WMS to draw on the map, and WFS to do any querying. If
you have more than 500 points in your geometry, WFS will be slow. For
small datasets, you get away with WFS.

I would also strongly suggest you get used to using firebug or chrome
developer tools. That way you can see exactly what requests are being
made to the server and what the response is.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.