[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature will not delete vertex ...

John Harris jibs at fsmail.net
Wed Jul 31 10:04:03 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am having a problem passing a feature (LineString) which I have selected
with an OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature control to an
OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature control.

I find that the Modify control appears to accept the feature (its vertices
all 'lite up') and the vertices can each be dragged around etc. But the
vertices can not be deleted. If I selected the feature directly by clicking
over it after activating the Modify control then it works OK - the vertices
can each be deleted. But after selecting a feature by way of a SelectFeature
control and then using the Modify control's selectFeature( ) method to
select this same feature the problem occurs - viz I cannot delete vertices.

Any advice would be appreciated - is the SelectFeature control doing
something to this feature which I should know about ?

Thanks

John