[OpenLayers-Users] HELP! OL 2.13: Google v3 and other layers not zooming "together"

marco.borsoi marco.borsoi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 11:37:12 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am facing the same issue. I follow Andrea's instructions but the wms layer
and the google v3 layer don't zoom together.

It seems a problem with the map transformation, where the wms layer is
transformed and the google layer not. I fixed this problem in 2.12 version
overriding the pinchZoomControl.applyTransform method, but in 2.13 this
method is inside the Map class...

In web browsers, we can see the transformation been applying just for the
overlay during a ZoomIn or ZoomOut, but that's ok because the effect is
quick.

The problem becomes critical when we use a smartphone or a tablet, because
when we perform a PinchZoom, only the overlay is transformed.

It's hard to explain in words, even in images because the problem occurs
during the animation process, but I expect you can figure it out throught
these screenshots:

Before start the pinch zoom:
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5070019/pinchZoom1.jpg>

During the pinch zoom: