[OpenLayers-Users] Draw a line knowing its length in meters e it's angle

mail.roliveira at gmail.com mail.roliveira at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 01:58:15 PDT 2013

Thanks Phil,

I understand the spherical issue. The biggest length I will be using is arround 60km, but on average arround 20Km. I haven't discussed, with my team, the precision issue, but as long has it stays within +- 200m I'd say it is ok. From you opinion do you think it is a reasonable error?

I also haven't decided if I will use the formulas that WALLY ATKINS kindly presented despite the fact that they are very interesting in deed.

Could you please explain what you mean by:

«watch of line that crosses the 180»?
What is the 180?

Thanks
Ruben