[OpenLayers-Users] How to send a GetCapabilities request to a SOS service?

dkar dimitriskarakostis3 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 10 08:15:33 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to understand how to send a GetCapabilities post request to a
SOS service.
Based on examples that I found online, I tried something like this:

OpenLayers.SOSClient = OpenLayers.Class({
            url: 'http://cawa.gfz-potsdam.de:8080/SOS/sos',
            map: null,
            capsformat: new OpenLayers.Format.SOSCapabilities(),
            obsformat: new OpenLayers.Format.SOSGetObservation(),
            initialize: function (options) {
                OpenLayers.Util.extend(this, options);
                var params = {'service': 'SOS', 'request':
'GetCapabilities'};
                var paramString =
OpenLayers.Util.getParameterString(params);
                url = OpenLayers.Util.urlAppend(this.url, paramString);
                OpenLayers.Request.GET({url: url,
                    success: alert(url);});
            },...

But it doesn't work. Is there another way to do it? For example, to send the
request in XML format instead of a url? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks a lot.
D.