[OpenLayers-Users] GetFeature with WFS protocol doesn't return features

Flavien.Audin flavien.audin at univ-tours.fr
Fri Mar 8 06:24:42 PST 2013

Hi Lauri,

I'm new with Openlayers and WFS stuff, but I got the same problem as you
yesterday : GetFeature() didn't return any feature using a WFS protocol. I
found the solution by looking at the POST request (using the firebug
console) :
The coordinates of the BBox (I allow selecting features with box) sent
through WFS request, wasn't in the specified SRS (4326 in my case).
For example,
      <ogc:BBOX>
        <gml:Envelope xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
srsName="EPSG:4326">
          <gml:lowerCorner>-6843570.0309686
1828570.8275305</gml:lowerCorner>
          <gml:upperCorner>-6837913.6908763
1834227.1676228</gml:upperCorner>
        </gml:Envelope>
      </ogc:BBOX>

So, the WFS didn't find any features in the BBox as everything using
normally EPSG:4326
Here my solution :
I declared a WFS protocol (instead of using
"OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.fromWMSLayer(myLayer)" ) :

var WFSprotocol = OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
			version: "1.1.0",
			url:  "*****",
			srsName:"EPSG:900913", // the BBos SRS, why it's working now
			featureType:"****",
			featurePrefix:"****"
		});

Then I used this WFS protocol for my selectFeatureControl = new
OpenLayers.Control.GetFeature({
			protocol: WFSprotocol ,
			box: true,
			multiple:false,
			hover: false,
			multipleKey: "shiftKey",
			toggleKey: "ctrlKey"
		});

If I check my POST request, I got :
      <ogc:BBOX>
        <gml:Envelope xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
srsName="EPSG:900913">
          <gml:lowerCorner>-6843570.0309686
1828570.8275305</gml:lowerCorner>
          <gml:upperCorner>-6837913.6908763
1834227.1676228</gml:upperCorner>
        </gml:Envelope>
      </ogc:BBOX>
and I got my selected features :)

Now, I got an other problem with multiple featureType (not in the
above-example) that change between two calls, but I'll post my own thread ;)

Hope it will help you

--
Flavien