[OpenLayers-Users] display a border at the end of the world

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Sun Mar 10 14:10:28 PDT 2013

> I want to do this because when the user draw something outside this
> range, the feature can not save to geoserver.
Hmm, I am not so sure. What it must have to save properly is coordinates
that match the coordinate range defined for the base set (which I will
bet are the CITE -180:180). However, drawing across the 180 is only
possible in OL if you drop cite. Your code on the client then
("featureadded" event??), should convert the feature coordinates to
-180:180 and then save it geoserver. Maintaining topology of polygons is
probably a mission though I still suspect it is possible with client-end
programming. You may need to insert points on the 180 line before saving
a polygon. Its a case of try and see.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.