[OpenLayers-Users] display a border at the end of the world

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Mar 11 18:05:07 PDT 2013

Dont know. Try it. My experience is with Arc SDE.

Try taking a line and a polygon across the 180. Use the code to convert
coordinates into -180:180 range, and post to the database.
Then try drawing them again from that source. See if you have a problem.

I should also note that if you are drawing a polygon with the idea of
using it select data (selectFeature control with polygon handler,
cite:false), then you will need to split the resulting polygon into two
on the 180 line, and then create an AND filter to check both. Geoserver
cannot do a cross-180 query.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.