[OpenLayers-Users] Titles for marker popups

RichardLight richard at light.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 14 10:29:37 PDT 2013

Hi,

Having spent a long time failing to find an answer to my problem in this
forum, I found it elsewhere on the web, so am posting the link here in the
hope of saving others time.

I am creating a markers layer, and want each marker to have a "title" so
that when you hover over it, a tooltip tells you whether it is worth
clicking on that marker.  This page:

http://doesterr.github.com/OpenLayers-Examples/examples/marker-with-title.html

shows how to do it.  The key line is very simple:

marker.icon.imageDiv.title = "My title";

(If this is a disastrously wrong thing to do, I hope someone more
knowledgeable than me will point this out.)

Richard