[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers resolutions and scale questions

Rob Hyx robhyx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 06:53:48 PDT 2013

Hello all, I have a few questions that I can't seem to get cleared up in
the OpenLayers documentation.

   - Someone asked me what is the units of measurement that are displayed
   in the scale control? In other words 1:7M what? Or is it unit-less since
   it's a ratio? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
   - Next, when you manually specify the resolutions of the map (i.e.
   map.resolutions = [...,...,...];), what units are those? I checked the map
   in the DOM inspector and it says the units are 'degrees', does that mean
   decimal degrees?
   - Also if this or anything related to scale, resolution or Geo-spatial
   accuracy in general is documented anywhere for OpenLayers, can someone
   point me in that direction?

Thanks in advance!