[OpenLayers-Users] Can I prevent OpenLayers from losing my WFS-T feature edits?

jannesm jannesm at iki.fi
Thu Mar 21 08:03:01 PDT 2013

Using openlayers (2.12) and drawing some vector features against a WFS-T
interface (offered by geoserver).

Problem is, when I draw some geometries and pan a little bit too much
without saving the edits yet, openlayers sends wfs:getFeature message to
WFS-T interface, and while doing this it resets all features I have drawn so
far.

You can try this even using the public openlayers examples:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs-protocol-transactions.html

draw some features
pan / zoom around enough / too much before saving
the features you drew disappear
Any way to prevent this?