[OpenLayers-Users] Best way to have different information shown on the same geometries

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Mar 25 14:18:25 PDT 2013

> But as far as I have understand in this way I lost the interactivity I can
> have with the vectors, as click and select, mouse over and so on, right?
You can have it both ways, but at a cost. You get the interactivity with
server with wmsGetfeature or with WFS requests based on mouse position.
Click and select are no problem with this - just slightly slower.  Mouse
over is. You really dont want to be making those server requests on
every mouse move. Instead I only have those behaviours on hover. I dont
think that is much of compromise myself. If you have more than 500
vertices in your vector layer, then you dont have much choice.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.