[OpenLayers-Users] GML vector layer as baselayer, possible or not ?

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue May 7 15:06:22 PDT 2013

> for a project, I have to change the baselayer but I have 2 constraints :
> - I can't use mapserver or geoserver
> - I have to use specific baselayer that I have to create (roads, city
> limits, ...)
>
> Using GML data, I tried to used the isBaselayer property of
> .Layer.Vertor but without success :

Hi. I cant think of a good reason why you could couldnt use it as a
baselayer. Can you tell us more about what lack of success looks like?
If you put something like google as baselayer for testing purposes, then
does it display. (ie ensure that you have the plumbing for vector layer
correct - the url looks problematic to me). I've done OL completely off
USB stick with no server, not even an http server, but its a major
mission (and a lot you cant do).
However, I used a TMS for baselayer rather than vector.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.