[OpenLayers-Users] java web service called in OpenLayer

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Thu May 9 15:17:57 PDT 2013

> may i wish to get know that is it possible to send lat lon info to
> Apache Web server using Web Service ?
> if yes  then give me tutorial or idea .

Much of the detail for this does NOT belong on the openlayers list! The
answer is yes, of course. From an OL perspective, your lat/lon would
probably determined inside an event handler. From there, you would
likely use ajax to pass the coordinate to your server program and set up
a callback to process any return from the java page. Without more detail
of your use case, its not possible to say more about the OL side of it.
If the idea is to get an object drawn in OL passed back to a database on
your server, then you should look at geoserver or similar and using REST
to do the job rather an java servlet.

For the java servlet, the details depend on backend environment. I would
use tomcat as my servlet container and use a jsp to interface with the
java. Large topic areas that dont belong on the OL list. You make a
request to the jsp with ajax from client side.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.