[OpenLayers-Users] OSM, ArcGIS 10.1 WMS and clipping

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Wed May 15 14:09:38 PDT 2013

> Server-side it is then.  Guess it also depends on user browser too, as
> I seem to remember IE6/IE7 performance was shocking compared to Chrome!

I try to tell users of such beasts that the last millennium called and
wanted its browser back. I dont think my apps even run with those
browsers. IE8 is also bad (your applications walk rather than run), and
all you can say about IE9 is that it is a big improvement on 8 - a very
low bar. However, even with chrome, JS is way behind java for speed and
client side also means passing the unclipped geometry down the wire. I
use JS for interactivity on the browser, but server-side as much
possible for everything else.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.