[OpenLayers-Users] WMSgetFeatureInfo ProxyHost

Gery . gamejihou at hotmail.com
Wed May 22 00:57:28 PDT 2013

the problem with linux boxes such as rhel, ubuntu, I think also centos, is that most of the time new python versions have to be installed, however many applications (such as yum in rhel) depends on the original version (for rhel5 is the good and old one 2.4). In my case I had to install the RPM python 2.6 version but nothing worked correctly (ie. with the 2.6) until I replaced the "python" file located in /usr/bin with the new python2.6. I think ubuntu behaves more or less the same way as rhel and centos, so try:

which python
python -V

I think with that output it'd be easier to see if python is the cause of the problems you're facing. If so, you need to make an alias or just replace the "python" file in /usr/bin with your new python vesion:

rm python
cp python2.7 python

I think you installed recently the 2.7, btw why do you need this version? this may solve your issues.

Piensa en el medio ambiente - mantenlo en la pantalla. NO lo imprimas si NO es necesario.
Think green - keep it on the screen. Do NOT print if it is NOT necessary.
Denken Sie an die Umwelt - bewahren Sie es auf dem Bildschirm. Drucken Sie es NICHT, wenn es NICHT notwendig ist.