[OpenLayers-Users] WMS layer not visible...

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Thu May 23 23:21:57 PDT 2013

2013/5/23 Phil Scadden <p.scadden at gns.cri.nz>

> If you look at the net tab in chrome developer tools or firebug, can you
> see that the  application is generating WMS Get calls? Are they generating
> the correct image?

Thank you for replying.
Indeed there are no WMS calls in inspector (chrome here) until zoom level
reach the whole world.

I am juggling with GeoExt and started with this example
http://api.geoext.org/1.1/examples/tree.html

I wanted to use EPSG:900913 projection so removed bluemarble and added OSM
layer, suddenly the problem arised. WMS layer data location was correct but
calls were made only at whole world level

I solved by adding the projection and maxEtent properties to map
constructor... neverthless didn't understand why I had to. Any guess on
that?

/r