[OpenLayers-Users] WMS tile request being aborted in IE8 ? browser cache issue with 2.13

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Wed Oct 16 15:34:21 PDT 2013

> No errors are shown, the requests are simply aborted by

An abort with no reason, no status is odd and it is reminding me that OL
2.13 introduced improvements to allow browser caching to be more
effective. Didnt take a lot of notice of the discussion on the dev list
so I am very hazy about this. Might be worth trying it with 2.12, just
to see whether this is behind problem. Alternatively look at openlayers
tilemanager
http://dev.openlayers.org/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/TileManager-js.html
which allows several maps to share one tile cache. This might do the job.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.