[OpenLayers-Users] Ability to add dynamic layer

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Mon Oct 21 13:08:38 PDT 2013

We have done something like this but it depends very heavily on
server-side configuration of the applications. Firstly, our proxy doesnt
use a whitelist in code. On the server, we have configuration file which
holds all the details of the current map configuration (delivered to
client as JSON and the client constructs the application from the config
- means we have many different map application with a single code base).
The proxy gets its whitelist from that config file. Obviously dont want
to read it every time so list is cached with notification object to
force reread. Where users can browse for other WMS/WFS services, the
local proxy is extended by session-specific config. The browsing and
parsing of getcaps documents is all server-side and when user add a
service, it is added to the config file. I havent looked at that code
for a few years so my memory of details a bit hazy, but that is the
central idea.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.