[OpenLayers-Users] Performance issue with google maps and moveTo call

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue Oct 22 13:04:49 PDT 2013

> On my project, if zoom is bellow 6, I have no problems. But if zoom is as high as 16 a call to moveTo causes an alert of javascript taking too long to respond, on FF.
Well if alert is about js taking too long I would be having a hard look
at any vector layers that you are using. Google and WMS layers should
require minimal js for processing but vector is another story
completely. If you look at your NET tab in the debugger, can you see any
larger packets arriving on the moveto that would require a lot of
processing?

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.