[OpenLayers-Users] Fwd: design question: how to geocode multiple dynamic "city, country"?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Apr 10 14:01:35 PDT 2014

Zach,

You could do something like have a textarea where the user can enter a
list of cities and have a [Add] button, then in JS read the textarea,
split the text on linefeed into an array, the cycle through the array
and make an ajax request to geocode each city and add it to the map. Or
you can just send the whole textarea contents to the server and have it
parse and geocode then send back a geocode list like "city,x,y" and
parse that in JS and add the markers.

-Steve