[OpenLayers-Users] Create and Email GPX file from Vector layer

ANC anajera at bicimapas.com.mx
Fri Apr 18 12:41:57 PDT 2014

Hello

I have a mobile app that captures the path a user is following using
geolocation's watch mode. The path points are added to a vector layer. Once
the path capture is finished I want to create a GPX file out of it and email
it to a user selected email address from the mobile device.

The vector layer where the path points are captured is named "path", the map
is in 4326 projection and I am using this code to parse the features as GPX:

var pathfeatures = path.features();

var gpxformat = new OpenLayers.Format.GPX({
            internalProjection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326"),
            externalProjection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326")
        });

var gpxcontents = gpxformat.write(pathfeatures);

My questions are:

1. How do I create the actual GPX file from the "gpxcontents" variable,
something like "path.gpx"?
2. Once the gpx file is created, how can I send it as an email attachment?

I have searched this forum as well as other resources and have not been able
to find a guideline. I know the second question may not be OpenLayers
related but any help will be appreciated.

Thank you