[OpenLayers-Users] GraphicalWeb 2014 conference

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Apr 25 05:21:38 PDT 2014

Hi,

>From August 27 to 30 the GraphicalWeb 2014 conference will take place in
Winchester, UK. ONS (Office of National Statistics UK) will be the host.
We already have a number of confirmed speakers and organizations that
will present and support our conference, incl. Google, Adobe, Inkscape,
W3C, Guardian, BBC, ONS, d3.js and Ordinance Survey. There will also be
a social event on the HMS Warrior in Portsmouth. You can find all
relevant information at http://graphicalweb.org/2014/

We hope that the OpenLayers project can send a representative to present
about the OpenLayers project.

The general topic is "Visual storytelling" and the presentations will be
a mixture of technical topics and content provicing/case studies.
Teichnical topics include all open web graphic technologies, such as
SVG, CSS, Canvas, WebGL, HTML5, WebFonts and frameworks, such as d3.js,
threejs, OpenLayers and LeafletJS. We always had a number of GIS/mapping
related topics, around 1/4 to 1/3 of the presentations.

It is a very good opportunity to meet web browser and authoring systems
developers (Mozilla, Opera, Google, Microsoft, OpenSource (e.g.
Inkscape), Adobe, etc.) as well as standards people (e.g. W3C).

The deadline for abstract submissions is by next monday. However, if you
are interested and have something to present let us know and we can make
an exception, if the topic is interesting to the conference.

Thanks and please feel free to forward this to interested colleagues.

Andreas Neumann
Member of the GraphicalWeb organizing team