[OpenLayers-Users] How to add custom events to OpenLayers-based API?

João Rodrigues joaorodr84 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 03:14:17 PDT 2014

Hi

I am woking on a GIS API built on top of OpenLayers. I have a class called
xgis.group, which represent a group of layers.
I want to add an event that can be triggered when a group is added.

For example, in the map, I have tried this without success:

    xgis.map.prototype.addGroup = function(name) {
>         /* CODE FOR ADDING A GROUP */
>         /* Trigger when group is added */
>         this.events.triggerEvent('groupadded', group);
>     };

I don't know how to deal with custom-made events.

Could you lend me some help, please?

Thanks