[OpenLayers-Users] Removing features from a cluster

Rob Hyx robhyx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 09:00:11 PST 2014

Hello all, I've done some searching on Google of this, but haven't found a
good way to accomplish it yet. I have a map that allows other applications
to add and remove layers and features from it dynamically. If a vector
layer is clustered and another application goes to delete one or more of
the features in the cluster, obviously the remove features function is not
going to work. Is there a good way to do this? I tried iterating over all
of the clusters, and then the features in that cluster but it seems the
strategy itself keeps a cache of the features. I also tried deactivating
the strategy, but it seems that just causes the layer to retain the
clusters as features and no longer expands or contracts with zoom ins and
outs (not surprisingly). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!