[OpenLayers-Users] Get features from xy

Ruggero Beretta r.beretta at starch.it
Fri Jun 6 03:19:29 PDT 2014

"No. with WMS features only live on the server, in the client you get a
view of a feature (as an image or info response)"

The first problem is that I haven't a geo-server behind. I load geoJson
directly from a simple url (ie. http://mydomain.net/sample.geojson).

"To accomplish this you could do WMSGetFeatureInfo first and then
LoadFromWebService or (what i've done in the past) create a smart
proxy that handles this on the server so that WMSGetFeatureInfo
returns LoadFromWebService information"

I'm using Heron (http:// http://heron-mc.org/ ) which uses geoExt which uses
OpenLayers... So when I ask for information on a feature it simply works
(using WMSGetFeatureInfo) and it shows the feature infos. That because I
thought to add an handler on beforegetfeatureinfo of WMSGetFeatureInfo
control and there add some features attributes.

Ruggero