[OpenLayers-Users] wmsGetFeatureInfo results for bottom layers, only top layer works

maw269 maw269 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 07:25:37 PDT 2014

I have an OpenLayers Map. On this map, I have three overlay layers. The first
2 layers come from one GeoServer Layer/data source, with two alternate
styles. The 3rd layer is a separate GeoServer Layer / data source.

For example, I have a GeoSever Layer called 'Roads'. For my 'Roads' Layer, I
have a 'Highway' style to show features with a highway attribute, and a
'Street' style to show features with a street attribute, but both are from
my 'Roads' layer. The third layer is a called 'Lights', and is a separate
set of features.

The issue is that in OpenLayers, If I have only the 'Roads/Highway' Layer
visible, I can successfully do a WMSGetFeatureInfo for my popup. If I only
have the 'Roads/Street' Layer visible, I can do a WMSGetFeatureInfo for my
popup. But, when I have both the 'Roads/Highway' and the 'Roads/Street'
layers simultaneously visible, I can only get a response from the top most
drawn layer (painters model). The other layer beneath the resonsive layer,
doesn't give me featureInfo.

Note: when I have either the 'Roads/Highway' or the 'Roads/Street' layer
visible with 'Lights' layer, then I can get a featureInfo response from both
the 'Lights' layer and whichever 'Roads' layer I have on.

One further note which I am not sure is relevant, is that I have my
GeoServer styles connected to a Workspace.