[OpenLayers-Users] Alternatives to get rid of WFS layers

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Nov 4 08:48:02 PST 2014

Have you thought about combining all the WFS services into a single call and then managing the filtering on the client side.  This would also work for the hover control, in that you could pull multiples based on a hover action and still use some sort of buffer to handle things that are clustered as well as multiple selects.  This could reduce the amount of data being pulled on demand to an acceptable level, performance wise.  It also allows you to do global searches since all data is handled by a single service.

bobb