[OpenLayers-Users] Alternatives to get rid of WFS layers

Phil Scadden P.Scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue Nov 4 14:01:25 PST 2014

I've posted here a number of times on WMS/WFS. My advice is never use WFS when you can do WMS instead. In particular, you use WMS for all display. I use WFS when I want attribute information and I get that on demand with getfeature queries, which can be onHover. If there isnt too much geometry, then I return WFS geometry and draw it to show selections etc. but for objects with dense geometry SldSelect works better. Rethink the application as WMS and you will get far better performance.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.