[OpenLayers-Users] WMTS transition-effect not working properly with partly transparent tiles?

gadabout gadabout at gmx.at
Sun Sep 21 23:35:38 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I am using a WMTS with transparent PNG-tiles - features as well as labels -
with OpenLayers 2.13.1 in an Internet Explorer 10. For now, I can't change
neither the browser nor the OL-version.

The issue is the same in WebKit-based browsers as well as in Firefox though,
so it doesn't seem to be a browser-problem.

What's happening:
When I zoom in, the tiles of the current zoom-layer are getting resized
properly - given the transition-setting is set to "resize".
The new (partly transparent) tiles then get loaded. After that the tiles of
the former zoom-level just "flash" out. My guess is, that this is due to the
transparency of the overlaying layer. Normally the resized layer gets
covered by the new tiles which are fading in correctly. Because the new
tiles are transparent, however this mechanic doesn't work.

What I would need is a way to fade out the old tiles instead of just getting
turned off in a snap. Is there any way I can control/create such a behavior
like with the OL-CSS or likewise?

Would appreciate any help!

gadabout