[OpenLayers-Users] [Possible spoofed sender] Re: [Possible spoofed sender] Re: Like query with "singleChar" does not work correctly in OpenLayers.StyleMap

joaorodr84 joaorodr84 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 15:50:06 PDT 2015

Hi again, Thomas

I used this line

	filter.value = filter.value.replace(/\*/g, '!*');

because I want a filter like this:

	var filter = new OpenLayers.Filter.Comparison({
		property: 'STATE_NAME',
		type: '~',
		value: '*'
	});

to match ALL the state names.

But, you are right, it is not necessary for the "singleChar" --> "." example
that I want to make work.

---

About what you said, that you messed around with RegExp and it worked. Did
you try to use the singleChar "."?

For example, I want all the states which name has 5 letters. So, I use 5
times the singleChar, which supposedly matches *any single character*.

I may be wrong, but I don't know why. Do you think "." does not represent
the singleChar?

Look t the example, please. In green stroke you see the same layer but in
WMS. The style (SLD Body) here works fine. It matches the states: Idaho,
Texas and Maine. The y are the only ones with 5 letters.

But, in the vector layer, which uses an OpenLayers.StyleMap, it shows all
the states with 5 or more letters. But the filter used in the rule of the
style is *exactly the same*.

I don't understand this.

Thanks for your help.

João