[OpenLayers-Users] a whole LOT of points!

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Sun Feb 1 12:58:05 PST 2015

On 28/01/2015 7:06 a.m., mortac8 wrote:
> We have drag&dropped and parsed a 330MB .las file (10million points) and
> displayed 2million de-densified points in about 30seconds (includes file
> "uploading", parsing and initial drawing time) on Cesium in Chrome running
> at ~15fps on a 3 year old laptop.
I would note that .las is binary format. How much processing of those
points was by browser js? (as opposed to offloading to opengl). There is
no way to get that kind of throughput from geoJSON?

--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.