[OpenLayers-Users] Alternatives to get rid of WFS layers

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Sun Jan 18 12:11:25 PST 2015

 >Currently I use a GetFeature control with a custom defined protocol to
execute the WFS request and process the results. Is this the best
 >control for this scenario? Or would a SelectFeature control (or
another one) be more suitable for this job?

My code for doing this is quite old and definitely work in the "if ain't
broke, dont fix it" mode. I use a custom wfs protocol tied to
"featureadded" of a point Drawfeature control. I think at the time, it
was a way to give more control over the radius of selection. Since I
used near identifical code for "select by polygon" (use a polygon
handler instead of point handler in the draw control) it may simply have
been economy of effort. I have only used selectFeature control with
vector layers (kml) but I struggle to remember the decision-making
process around that.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.